StartUp Go is not just a competition for startups and tech entrepreneurs, which will be held as part of the Go Viral international festival, but an excellent opportunity for local teams to create a global company, scale it to the whole world and affect millions of lives. Today, the creation of impact startups is gaining momentum, where the goal is not only to make money, but also to solve a specific social problem. Startup Go this year will be supported by the Eurasia Foundation and the Central Asia Civil Society Program.
You will have the opportunity to pitch your project to international and local investors, receive a financial prize, hear feedback from experts, and build a high-quality network.
Who can apply?
- Youth Impact early stage startups (no older than 3 years old) that will contribute to social, economic or environmental development in communities
- Be sure to have a product prototype (one project presentation will not be enough)
- Formed team
- The presence of traction (evidence that the product is needed in the market (there are first users / sales / registration / prepayment))
- Full team involvement in the implementation of their project (full-time)
- Geography: Central Asia
- Willingness to present your project at the competition online during the festival from 9 to 11 October
Criteria for startups evaluating at the final
At all stages, the jury members will comprehensively evaluate all projects according to several parameters, the main ones of which are:
✔ Does the team really meet the impact startup criteria
✔ uniqueness of consumer properties of the product
✔ market size and business model scalability
✔ business model monetization potential
✔ availability of a suitable team for project implementation
August 10 - September 10: accepting applications, PR activities
September 11 - September 18: two-stage selection of the "Top 10 Startups" and its announcement (to be announced on the website and social networks)
September 19 - October 3: Pitching trainings for selected startups
09 - 11 October: final in the form of presentations (pitches) at the festival (one of the days, will be announced in advance)
To apply, each startup needs:
- Complete registration and answer all questions in this form.
- Send a presentation of your project in ppt and pdf format to email@example.com before September 10. The subject line should be in this format: Startup GO 2020 - the name of your startup.
Recommended presentation structure:
• Project name, logo (if any), country, city
• The problem you are trying to solve
• Solutions you suggest
• Covered / potential market + impact that the project brings to social, economic or environmental development in the country and the world
• Progress for today (number of clients, sales, revenue, etc.)
• Competitors - Team (who are members and how responsibilities are divided)
• What are you looking for at this stage (investments, mentoring, partners, etc.)
The total prize pool is $ 6,000, which will be divided among the top 3 startups in the following ratio:
1st place - $ 2000
2nd place - $ 2000
3rd place - $ 2000
In addition, the winners will receive mentoring and expert support within a month after the end of the competition.